pregnancy update - week 25.

How far along?: 25 weeks (I'm actually 26 weeks but I do these a week behind)

Baby is the size of: Cauliflower or rutabaga

Maternity Clothes?: Yup! Exclusively, apart from jackets and cardigans

Symptoms: Oh man - this week was the week my feet decided to swell up.  Honestly, I thought my feet would be the last thing to  get big and that my Springy flats and sandals would be the perfect thing even if they did get a bit swollen but I'm hear to tell you that not all sandals work with swollen feet and ankles.  I had a couple of days this week where my sandals looked as if I had poured myself into them - pretty! :( I can't imagine what the impending hotter weather and bigger belly will do to my poor feet (and my shoe collection!).  I also had lots of dizziness and lightheadedness (see my worst moment this week).

Sleep: Pretty good still!  Apart from needing to pee (only once per night though)

Best moment this week: Definitely Mother's Day - not only did my husband spoil me but my stepson made me the sweetest gift at school that I will cherish forever.

Worst moment this week: I had a fainting spell on my commute to work one day this week.  Seriously, it was horrendously awful.  I don't know how I made it to the train bathroom without actually fainting but, let me tell you, everything was going black!  I think it was low blood pressure but I'm happy to be seeing my doctor next week to rule out anything more serious.

Have you told family and friends yet?: Yup!

Miss anything?: Sleeping on my tummy and just the feeling of being comfortable.

Movement: Yup - constantly!  The funniest movement moment this week happened during a work meeting.  I was sitting in a very serious meeting when all of a sudden baby boy started kicking and punching and my whole belly was moving - lol!

Food cravings: Peanut butter and banana toast, DQ Blizzards, grapefruits, Granny Smith apples

Anything make you queasy or sick?: Nothing specifically.  But I definitely have felt a bit more quesy this week.  Especially on the train - almost a bit like motion sickness.

Have you started to show? haha - yes, it's obvious now!

Gender: Boy!

Belly button in or out?: In - but very shallow

Wedding rings on or off?: On!  I'm hoping my hands don't swell up like my feet have.

Happy or moody most of the time?: Happy and a bit emotional at times - it was a hard week for my little body and there were a number of moments where I felt completely and totally overwhelmed. But nothing that a good cry, supportive husband and a DQ Blizzard can't fix though!

Looking forward to: My 26 week doctor's appointment next week.

 xo, Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment