pregnancy update - week 32.

OMG.  How am already 32 weeks along?!?  And how have I not posted an update since week 26 - I've actually had a couple of people asking how I was doing so I thought it was about time to provide another update.

 

How far along?: 8 months, 32 weeks - however you want to say it, that's FAR along.  Only 8 weeks until we meet our little man - I seriously can't believe it!

Baby is the size of: Squash, as long as a stalk of kale - 2.5 - 3.8 lbs and 15.2 to 16.7 inches long


Maternity Clothes?: Yup - everything that I've been wearing lately has been maternity (apart from cardigans, jean jackets, etc).  We've had a ridiculously warm June so I've been sporting all of my Summer shorts and dresses a littler earlier than I had anticipated.

Symptoms: Lots of back pain, feet are a bit swollen, needing to pee all. the. time.

Sleep: My sleep has definitely taken a hit in the last couple of weeks - between feeling baby move, having to pee, the constant back ache and just generally being uncomfortable, my sleep has definitely not been the most restorative.  Just getting me ready for when he's here, I guess!


Best moment this week: Realizing that those super low little jabs were actually hiccups - the cutest thing ever!

Worst moment this week: Can't think of a specific moment but probably just the general uncomfortableness that goes alone with being 32 weeks...and the lack of restful sleep.


Have you told family and friends yet?: Everyone knows!

Miss anything?: Being able to sleep on my tummy or back and just generally being able to move around easier.

Movement: Oh yes - he's definitely an active little guy.  The movements have gone more from swift jabs and kicks to full body movements - where I think he's actually rolling around in there.  This past week I also experienced him hiccup for the first time.  Actually, I had felt those "movements" before but I didn't realize what it was until I read about it - no mistaking it now though.

Food cravings: Strawberries, plums, cherries, smoothies, banana bread, Fibre One Bars, chocolate, water - I have found myself to be so thirsty lately.

Anything make you queasy or sick?: Bananas - the thought of eating bananas seriously grosses me out but when I made banana bread I couldn't get enough - go figure!

Have you started to show? lol - at 8 weeks, yes I definitely look pregnant.


Gender: Baby Boy!

Belly button in or out?: Still in but super shallow

Stretch marks?: Happy to report, still none!

Wedding rings on or off?: On

Happy or moody most of the time?: Happy, with a few emotional ups and downs thrown in (just to keep my husband on his toes ;))

Looking forward to: Our babymoon to Whistler this weekend (actually as this post is being published, we're on our way up there).  We're going to spend 3 days relaxing by the pool, eating too much, wandering the village, pure relaxation and enjoying each other's company alone one last time!

 xo, Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment