A boho kimono

I love my sister.  I love that she's 10 years younger than me and I love that we're best friends.  
But sometimes, without even knowing it, that girl makes me feel older than my 26 years. 
 Especially when we shop together.   I find myself feeling totally out of place and out of my comfort zone in some of the stores she likes to shop in.  

Enter Brandy Melville.  

Usually when I enter this store, I feel like a granny as I try to swim up stream in a sea of teeny boppers.  Until, of course, the day I walked into Brandy Melville and found this kimono.  
It's boho but an age appropriate boho.  
And I loved it even more when my mom proclaimed that the kimono suited me more than my sis.  

Anyway, maybe it's a blessing.  
This whole sister whose 10 years younger than me.  
I think she's keeping me young at heart. 
{outfit details}

Dress: H&M
Kimono: Brandy Melville / cute options: here and here
Sandals: Steve Madden (last year) / similar
Watch: Aldo
Necklace: Brandy Melville
Bracelet: Etsy
xo, Megan

5 comments:

  1. I love that kimono paired with the black dress, so cute! Thanks for sharing your look with Three-fer Thursday :)

    xo Bethany

    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look! So Fun!!
    oXo
    Jenn
    www.thebrandiedpair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean! i love the brandy Meliville style but I feel old in that store too. I'm a huge fan of Kimonos right now and I am in love with this one! I like how you styled it with a simple black maxi.

    http://simpleeasystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that is too funny! My sister is ten years younger than me too, but I definitely like that she keeps me young (and trendy!) Love that kimono on you!
    xx lexi @ glitter, inc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look adorable! I need to buy a kimono! Looks super comfy!
    Thanks for linking up! :)

    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete