10 Fall Essentials

We all want to have an endless budget for Fashion but, really, that's not reality.  Reality just happens to be bills, car payments, mortgages, groceries, etc.  And sometimes, we can't always have what our little heart desires.  

This dose of reality, doesn't necessarily mean that you can't look cute and on trend. 
The answer - fill your closet with the basics and that way you can easily mix and match to make countless outfits.  

Here is a list of my top ten Fall essentials.....
10 Fall Essentials

Faux Leather Jacket - I really can't get enough of faux leather for Fall.  If your a bit unsure about this trend, grab a faux leather jacket.  These things have been around for years but have just become oh so popular this season.  They are an easy way to dress up any outfit.

Military Jacket - Military jackets are another easy way to spice up an outfit.  If your going for a more casual, boho look.  This type of jacket is just for you. 

Leggings - Any type of legging or jegging are a key piece in my wardrobe when the Fall and Winter months hit.  I love being able to wear leggings, boots and a sweater to work when you just feel like being cozy all day.

Dark Wash Jeans - Obviously, they are a must.  And really they are a must for any season.  But I really love dark wash skinny jeans with booties for the Fall.  So cute!

Grey Tee - A grey tee (or white or black) can be dressed up or dressed down.  Throw on some heels, your leather jacket and a sparkly necklace and your good to go.  But it would also look great with your military jacket, jeans, moto boots and chunky scarf.

Chambray Shirt - Same goes for a chambray shirt.  So easy to dress this up as well.  Tuck into a pencil skirt for work or throw on with leggings or jeans for a casual weekend look.

Black Moto Boots - I've been wanting to invest in a good black knee high boot this Fall/Winter.  I haven't found quite the right pair so when I came across these moto boots at Target a few weeks ago, I thought they'd be perfect to transition into the Fall/Winter season (or until I find the perfect black boot).  And, boy, let me tell you, I've already gotten my fair share of wear out of these- definitely a great purchase.  Plus I think they look much more expensive than something from Target.

Booties - Every girl, in my opinion, needs a cute pair of booties in her wardrobe.  I've worn mine in past season from anything to jeans/skinny pants to skirts and dresses and from tights to bare legs.  They really have been a great transition piece in my wardrobe.

Sutton Necklace -  Let me just talk about how awesome and versatile this necklace is.  They say it can be worn five different ways - but I think one could even come up with more ways.  You can wear it long, short, with more bling, less bling, more silver, more gold.  You name you can wear it that way.  Watch this  video to see all the different ways to wear it.  I'd highly recommend this piece.  I also  think that anything sparkly is very festive for the coming Fall/Winter season.

Mixed Metal Watch - I love a mixed metal watch because I always find myself mixing gold and silver.  It's nice to wear one piece that ties in both metals to your outfit.  Of course, I'd also layer this watch with a bunch of arm candy.

Of course, one can't forget about scarves.  Adding a scarf to any outfit can change a look completely.  Here's a few scarves I'm loving right now: 1234.

Happy First of October folks!
And, as always, thanks for reading.

xo, Megan

3 comments:

  1. Love your essentials! This is a great list :)

    Katie
    Style Diary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list. I totally agree. I just bought the Sutton necklace and a bunch of other gorgeous Stella & Dot jewelry. Can't wait for it to arrive.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete