pregnancy update - weeks 34/35.



How far along?: This week I'm 35 weeks so I thought I'd recap both 34 and 35 weeks.

Baby is the size of: 
34 weeks - Butternut squash, cantaloupe melon - 17.2-18.7 inches and 4.2-5.8 lbs.
35 weeks - Coconut, honeydew melon - 4.2 - 4.8 lbs and 17.2-18.7 inches


What I'm wearing:
Dress: Forever 21 / Necklace: Forever 21 / Sandals: Call It Spring

Symptoms: Unfortunately, this week and last I've been bombarded with intense low back pain.  It's so, so uncomfortable especially when I've been in one position for awhile.  It's making being at work extremely difficult.  I've been trying to change positions frequently but even that doesn't alleviate it completely.  By far, this has been the worst pregnancy symptom to try and overcome.

I've also had some sciatica in my left leg - which usually affects me most in the evening.  Another weird thing that I've had this past week is a really painful right foot.  I'm guessing it's from swelling (although I don't see huge amounts of swelling in my feet) but the pain runs over the top of my foot sort of wear it bends when you walk.

And of course of just had the usual uncomfortable feelings that go along with pregnancy- a bit of heartburn/indigestion, lots and lots of trips to the bathroom, braxton hicks contractions, third trimester tiredness, a fullness feeling that only comes with being pregnant,  some rib pain - and really just aches and pains in general.



Sleep: Honestly, my sleep has not been great for the last month probably.  Between having to pee and just being super, SUPER uncomfortable my sleep has not been very restful.  I seem to just be waking up constantly.


Best moment this week: I got our hospital bags all packed and ready to go and did the last few things that we needed to do at home so we're totally ready for him to arrive whenever!

Worst moment this week:  I can't think of a specific moment but probably just being uncomfortable (especially with the low back and foot pain) - I hate complaining but it's pretty tiring being in pain all the time. 


Miss anything?: Feeling comfortable and sleeping on my tummy (and back for that matter)

Movement: Yes! But movements now are like big rolls and jabs (that almost hurts).  I constantly see my tummy moving and looking lopsided.

Have you started to show?: I think it's safe to say (especially from these photos) that I look like I'm ready to go at any moment!



Wedding rings on or off?: On!  Oddly, however, I have not been wanting to wear any of my watches (and I'm a watch girl).  In fact, I haven't been loving necklaces against my skin either.  I guess with the heat and just being uncomfortable I want as little as possible touching me!

Happy or moody most of the time?: Happy mostly but I've also started feeling a bit anxious and scared for the actual labour/delivery part.  I don't do well with the unknown so not knowing what I have ahead of me is freaking me out!

Looking forward to: My baby shower!  My girlfriend is throwing me one and it's a spa theme - she's even having a spa come to her house! How fun is that!

 xo, Megan

1 comment: